Thursday, June 2, 2011

BE CAREFUL!

So I've heard about how people put these devices on gas pumps that steal your card number once you swip, and apparently it is true. I got gas before my camping trip and a few days after we got back my checking account was empty. Someone in Palm Springs CA when to an ATM and cleaned out my account. I guess some ATM machines don't require you to use your pin number in order to take out money, it will only ask for your zip code, so when you get gas and have to put in your zip, the machine will track that also. They are putting these card readers on RedBox also. The ATM that they went to was a Chase ATM... I heard Chase was great, but I think its completely insane on how you don't need a pin. INSANE! Especially knowing how basically anyone can get your zip code... I mean stores ask for your zip all the time, so what if the store clerk writes down the card number and security number and also gets your zip? BAM! Now your account is empty. Not too smart on their part, pin numbers were invented for a reason! These card readers look like a part of the gas pump, I noticed no difference what so ever, apperently once in a while the part where you swip your card will be thicker, but most the time your basically screwed. Thank goodness my bank is taking care of it, but now it totally changed my worries about using my cards. Am I suppose to get cash out everytime I just want to get gas? Should I stop renting movies just because people are evil. It's sad how many people will steal just for drugs... CRAZY! Even working at Target I get counterfiet bills constantly! They are so obvious and you can even tell the people just want the money for drugs... ugh I'm so annoyed and basically venting lol. This is just a warning to all of you who are good good people. Just be careful! I never thought it would actually happen yet it did, the day before rent too! And just 2 days before mine and my boyfriends two year anniversery. When I went into the bank to talk to someone about it, the guy said that bank alone.... that building alone, gets about two people every day who is dealing with fraud from a gas station or RedBox. TWO people times however many branches they have... and times all the other bank companies that are available! CRAZY! The bankers I was talking to even had someone try getting gas with his card number in New York! While he was clearly at work here in Las Vegas. Just insane! I just wanted to warn all of you and share this horrible story with you and tell you to ba careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment