Hello there! So it's almost that time... Yes, Christmas!
Although it doesn't feel like it here in Arizona I have been trying to get into the spirit with some Christmas crafting. I love cute packaging, and although it can be a little to much for every gift you're giving, it's nice to make those extra special gifts a little more on the fancy side. So here is a DIY Christmas tag!
Here are the supplies I'm using
Grab some scrap white cardstock, any circle design stamp and label stamp, a circle punch that will fit the largest circle stamp (or you can old fashion hand-cut it), any printed vellum (this leopard print is from Hobby Lobby), embossing ink and powder (don't forget the heat gun), a stapler or mini attacher, a hole punch, a star punch or a different shape if you prefer, some colored ink, some coordinating bakers twine, a glue pen and pop dots.
1. Stamp the large background design, in the color of your choice, onto some white cardstock and punch or cut it out (I am using a Studio Calico stamp with some Prima ink in the color Rock Moss)
2. Punch a hole at the top of the circle.
3. Next take your lovely vellum and punch out three stars (or any other shape you like)!
4. Take a glue pen and add a dab of glue to the stars and place them on the circle. You can skip this step if you like and staple them straight on (I'm not very coordinated for this lol)
5. Take the same white paper, embossing ink and powder and a circle label stamp and emboss away!
The stamp I used was from an old Pink Paislee stamp set. I used silver embossing powder from Michaels and distress embossing ink since it was all I had on hand, I would suggest a better one though.
6. Cut out the image and ink up the edges with that same green ink if you like. Then place some pop dots on the back of the label and add it to the larger circle.
7. Now add some twine to the tag and you are all set!!
Let me know if I inspired you to make a tag! I would love to see what you came up with! Tag me on Instagram (KraftyBuns) or add it to Facebook (KraftyBuns) so I can check yours out!
I have some more tags I will be posting so stay tuned for those!
Thanks for stopping by!!