Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sweet.

Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing images of me building a layout. 
I used the lovely Scraptastic kit, add on and stamp set, Feel Again.
I started out by using some white embossing powder to emboss the adorable hearts from the stamp set and hand cut them out. (took forever but worth it!)
IMG_9646

I then picked out five different color threads in blues and greens to use for my garlands
IMG_9649

I went to use my sewing machine but the hearts are so little it jammed up. Instead I hand stitched each garland which took forever but I ended up liking it more than if I used the sewing machine. It allowed the phrases on the embossed hearts to stand out more :)
IMG_9651
I made sure to add a knot at the bottom of each heart so they wouldn't slide around on the thread.

I laid each garland on my page one by one and attached it to the back using washi tape. 
IMG_9657

I secured a few of the hearts with some ATG tape so they wouldn't flip around
IMG_9656

I picked out just a few embellishments for this page since I really want the garlands to stand out. 
IMG_9658
I layered my photo on a piece of tissue paper and layered that on a piece of patterned paper from the kit, clipped it together with a small clothes pin and added a die cut for my title. 

I then stuck my photo cluster to the page with some pop dots
IMG_9661

I added a cute rub on from the add on kit underneath my photo and a clear heart to my photo cluster
IMG_9662

IMG_9673-001

And here is the finished page!
IMG_9666-001
Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Don't forget to see what all the other DT members are making with their kits over on the Scraptastic blog!
Happy Scrapping!

mini logo

1 comment:

  1. I love the garland. You did a great job on it; I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete