Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Countdown Base

Hello hello!
Today I wanted to share the base of my mini using the Christmas Countdown kit and the supplies I pulled to add to the kit. I won't be adding a photo a day but I will be adding all my Christmas type photos to this lovely album. Can't wait until family come to visit!!
IMG_8633-001 bright
I went ahead and punched holes in the wood cover and papers and put them in order. I left a lot of the papers out just in case I want to make some embellishments with them. Also, nothing is permanent, I'm sure once I start adding the photos I will end up moving some pages around. 

IMG_8658-001 bright
For the cover I wanted to keep most of the wood showing. I took the paint I used to paint the frame embellishments I made for the kit and added some splatters to the cover. My paint was super cold and I didn't like the way it turned out at first but once I added everything else I was happy with it. I embossed some little snowflakes to the cover, added the star die-cut that came in the kit, embossed the year on a chalkboard piece and was finished! 

IMG_8644-001 bright
I went through my little labels and found a ton that go great with this kit, took a paper clip from the kit and stuck it on a page.

IMG_8646-001 bright
I took the pretty glitter paper, cut a strip and added it to the vellum envelope!

IMG_8647-001 bright
I've had this adorable green envelope forever and have been wanting to use it. Perfect for this mini :)

IMG_8649-001 bright
Clipped a custom print that came in the clip to a page.

IMG_8651-001 bright
I used a doily, glued down just the edge, stuck a tag behind, an adorable deer on top and a cute clothes pin!

IMG_8652-001 bright
Clipped on a cute bag and stuck a glittered tag inside.

IMG_8653-001 bright
Carrie added some custom pocket pages to the kit, so cute, great for tags and tid bits!

IMG_8654-001 bright
Clipped on another label!

IMG_8639-001 bright
Loving the way it's turning out and can't wait to add photos and more embellishments!

IMG_8637-001 bright

Are you making an album for December? Leave the links in the comment so I can check it out!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
:)

1 comment: