Thursday, June 6, 2013

Through The Viewfinder

Hello all!
So I've been wanting a Kodak Duaflex camera and yesterday was the day to buy one! 
I saw one along with different types of cameras in a booth at an antique store one day... was regretting I didn't buy it, went back yesterday and the one I wanted was the only one left! 
It was just meant to be ;)
photo (16)

So although they don't sell 620 film anymore you can still use these cameras. 
You have to make a box to black out all the lighting and use your normal camera to take a photo though the viewfinder. I will make another post about this along the road when I make a legit box for it!
I was to anxious yesterday and made a ghetto one out of paper. It wasn't the most ideal setup considering I used white paper and there is still light coming through. This is what it looks like before you crop and edit.

IMG_5270
Whoever owned this camera took great care of it! Almost too good because the lens isn't dusty enough :P

Here is my favorite after cropping and editing the photo using Picasa 3.

IMG_5270-003
And a few more... because I was obsessed

Originals 06-05-2013

I can't take all the credit for this, Tara Anderson from ThePinkCouch will post photo like this here and there and I totally fell in love with them! (she is also the reason I'm obsessed with milkglass). So thank you Tara for the idea! :)

Well the wraps up today post, until next time!

1 comment: